Cj's Knitting Basket

A blog for my knitting progress and other life events.

Name:
Location: Silicon Valley, California, United States

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

June Blues

I love this month's Project Spectrum color.

Cozy



-Project Stats-
Needles: Size 8 Denises
Yarn: Brooks Farms Primero (Mohair)(1 skein)
Pattern: Cozy from Knitty
Notes: 5/20/06-6/4/06
1 less width repeat than the pattern called for, 16" x 45" Unblocked, 22" x 60" blocked

YO Cable socks


-Project Stats-
Needles: Size 1 Inox Circulars
Yarn: Lion Brand Magic Stripes in Regatta Blue Stripe(1 skein)
Pattern: YO cable from Sensational Knitted Socks
Notes: 5/26/06-6/2/06
70 sts were cast-on for each sock. I was worried I would run out of yarn since it was so highly textured, but it ended up being fine.

Yummy Laceweight for a shawl that'll probably take me into June with the purples.


At the end of May, I battled with an extreme case of vertigo and temporary hearing loss. Folks, it was not fun at all to not be able to walk or hold my head straight without some serious nausea. I was worried about not making it up to the wedding.

I didn't manage to finish the sweater in time. But we did deliver the wedding gift in good condition. While there for the wedding, we went and saw this:

and experienced the Folk Life Festival. This group's name cracked me up:


Of course, there was some serious stash enhancement while out of town:
Opal rainforest sock yarn in DoktorFisch and Ladybug, Koigu for Pomatomus, as well as some coil needle holders from the Weaving Works.


Opal rainforest sock yarn in Chameleon and some brown Fortissima for DH socks from the Fiber Gallery.


Silver/Grey Zephyr laceweight, Black laceweight, and a skein of Mountain Colors Bearfoot from Acorn Street Yarns.


More Bearfoot, from Hilltop Yarn in Bellvue.

The bottom one was swapped with Christina for the yummy Koigu below:

This is destined for Project Spectrum socks next month.

Works In Progress and an FO:
Pomatomus Socks

Started 6/5/06 - Size 1 Inox Circulars
I turned the heels Tuesday.

Icarus Shawl from Interweave Knits

Started 6/4/06 - Size 3 Inox Circulars

Baby Booga Bag

Started 6/13/06 - Size 10 1/2 Boye
Working with Size 1s and Size 3s gave me a craving for a quick FO fix. I'll probably felt it next month.

Chevron Socks

-Project Stats-
Needles: Size 1 Inox Circulars
Yarn: Meilenweit Multiringel (1 skein)
Pattern: Chevron from Sensational Knitted
Notes: 5/7/06-5/21/06
66 stitches cast on for each sock.

Other happenings:
Christina and made our first Thrift store crawl last month. I had a lot of fun! I found a nearly new Timbuk2 Bag for less than $6 and this cute bag (just big enough for a pair of socks-in-progress) for less than $3.


Last weekend we did another Thrift store crawl to find useful things for dyeing.
My Supplies:


Yarn from wool2dye4.com:


Things have settled down for me...for the meantime. I appreciate everyone's good thoughts and prayers. They've helped!

5 Comments:

Blogger Delia said...

Cozy turned out beautiful! I really like the yarn choice.

Speaking of yarn, I am deperately jealous of your haul!

6/15/2006 9:26 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

WOW! You sure have been making a ton of great stuff! I like the blue theme, very pretty indeed. I've never knitted with Mountain Colors yarn, but it always looks so nice.

Squirrel Butter? Were they awesome?

6/15/2006 11:01 AM  
Blogger Jillio said...

daaaaaaaaang, CJ! you don't fool around when it comes to FO's and yarn!
i am drooling over your Cozy. i certainly have a lot of primero lying around, so i thank you for giving me the perfect project idea to stash bust.
i'm also sincerely glad you're feeling better. thought your posts have been sporadic, i always fully appreciate them when you do and to hear that you are well. :)
take care!

6/15/2006 11:15 AM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

CJ, I'm so glad to see that you made your rounds to many of the yarn shops in the Seattle area! You picked up some really gorgeous yarns. I can't believe how much you knit in so little time... it's quite impressive!

Take care, dear.

6/15/2006 11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CJ...Cozy is really gorgeous! How did you finish that so quickly??!! Amazing.

6/25/2006 4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home