Cj's Knitting Basket

A blog for my knitting progress and other life events.

Name:
Location: Silicon Valley, California, United States

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Update with pictures

Things have still been blah. Sunday evening, my Uncle passed away due to cancer. That should be it right? These things only come in threes, so they say. Again, my knitting has kept me going.

Cedar Creek Socks

-Project Stats-
Needles: Size 1 Inox Circulars
Yarn: Socks that Rock lightweight in Rainforest Jasper (under 1 skein)
Pattern: Cedar Creek Socks
Notes: Started 4/8/06 Finished 4/22/06 The striping ended up really nicely on this pair.

Embossed Leaves Socks

-Project Stats-
Needles: Size 1 Inox Circulars
Yarn: Claudia Handpainted in Donna's Favorite (a little under 2 skeins)
Pattern: Embossed Leaves socks from Interweave Knits
Notes: Started 4/23/06 Finished 5/6/06 I love the colors and it's perfect for the Project Spectrum themes for April and May. Here's a close-up of the leaves.

Aibhlinn

-Project Stats-
Needles: Size 7 Boye
Yarn: Rowan Cashsoft 4-ply (3 balls)
Pattern: Aibhlinn from Knitty
Notes: Started 4/15/06 Finished 4/21/06 I didn't use the bobbled edges. Instead, I cast-on with a picot edge, and did the last couple rows in a lace pattern that I made up as I went along.

Dishcloths

-Project Stats-
Needles: Size 8 Lantern moons
Yarn: Lily Cotton (a little under 2 balls)
Pattern: 5 rows garter stitch with a 3 stitch garter border
Notes: Stash busting. These are for a wedding we're going to at the end of the month. Finally, a happy family event.


I'm making some decent progress on the cardi fronts. I want to have it done in time to wear at the wedding.


I couldn't stand being without a pair of socks to work on, so I started another pair. I want to get these done before the next STR club package arrives. I really didn't plan to make them match, but I got lucky this time. It's the Chevron pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks.

Last, but not least, here's our ever adorable Bear.

6 Comments:

Blogger goodkarma said...

I am so perplexed... how do you find time to get as much knitting in as you do? You must be a speed knitter! That's your super power! :)

5/09/2006 11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your uncle. :( All of your knitting looks great - I'm glad it's helping you through the tough times.

5/10/2006 7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All your projects look fantastic. I'm so very sorry to hear about your uncle.

5/10/2006 8:58 AM  
Blogger Delia said...

Great projects - I especially like Embossed Leaves. So sorry to hear about your loss.

5/10/2006 9:21 AM  
Blogger Sandee said...

Big hugs!!! Sorry to hear about your uncle!

5/10/2006 9:49 AM  
Blogger Jillio said...

wow. great projects. i love the colors of the socks you just started. your cedar creeks came out great! you're so lucky about the striping; i'm reluctant to knit mine because i'm worried about the pooling.
my sympathies regarding your uncle. lots of virtual hugs and good thoughts your way!

5/11/2006 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home