Cj's Knitting Basket

A blog for my knitting progress and other life events.

Name:
Location: Silicon Valley, California, United States

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Busy Times

It's been a while since I last posted. Life has been just a bit crazy for me lately. It's a good kind of crazy for the most part. I just wanted to summarize the past few whirlwind weeks.

We thoroughly enjoyed Maui. Our friends' wedding went off smoothly. The best thing was being able to walk down to the beach from our hotel to go snorkeling almost every morning. We also had the opportunity to whale watch, visit Lahaina, and listen to the Celtic Tigers while having dinner at Mulligan's on the Blue. Here's just a sampling of the photos.

This is where we snorkeled.


Of course there were many Hibiscus flowers to be seen.


Here's the view from our room.


I took this one on the flight out.


This sign was vandalized...but it sure made me laugh each morning I passed it by.


In other knitting news, I have a few finished objects and progress to report out.


Project Stats:
Needles: Size 8 Addi Turbos
Yarn: LB Woolease
Notes: Started 3/1/06 Finished 3/5/06
It's the 44" cardigan vest pattern from Ann Budd's Book of Handy Patterns. I can't believe it only took me 5 days to make! I think it's a little big for the intended recipient, but it's too small for the DH. The drape of the fabric was not what I expected.


Project Stats:
Needles: Size 8 Denise/Lantern Moon Straights
Yarn: Red Heart Acrylic (I think)
Notes: Started Feb 05? Finished 3/8/06
I don't even remember when exactly I'd started this scarf, but I'm glad I'm done with it.


Project Stats:
Needles: Size 6 Denise
Yarn: Merino Laceweight from School Products in New York
Notes: Started 1/25/06 Finished 3/17/06. I used about 1300 yards. The pattern is the Kimono Shawl from Folk Shawls (Cheryl Oberle). Here's a close-up of the leafy motif. I haven't blocked it yet.



Project Stats:
Needles: Size 8 Lantern Moon straights
Yarn: Woolease
Notes: Delia's Irish Hiking Wristwarmers for a couple friends.

I'm about ready to start the heel flaps on the bubblegum socks.


This picture is just a small offering for Project Spectrum this month.


Last, but most definitely not least, many thanks to Sandee for her generous package for the Karma Swap that Jill arranged. She sent me Carbon Socks-that-Rock in lightweight, the Twisted Sisters Sock Book and a mini-pillar candle with a ginko shaped holder! The candle made the package smell so wonderful!

2 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

oooOOooOOoo...Hawaii!!! How beautiful!

3/19/2006 8:49 PM  
Blogger Sandee said...

Ahahaha! Sheep drop! Don't lie, you were the one that defaced that sign, right??? :-)

3/20/2006 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home