Cj's Knitting Basket

A blog for my knitting progress and other life events.

Name:
Location: Silicon Valley, California, United States

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

89 posts = 1st Blog anniversary

Let's celebrate!

I finished the Jaywalker's on Thursday.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Project Stats
Yarn: Claudia Handpainted / a little under 2 hanks / Purple Midnight
Needles: Inox #1 circulars
Pattern: Jaywalker Socks by Grumperina
Notes: Started 1/7/06 and finished 2/2/06. I love this pattern. I knit the smaller size. I think I'll knit a 1 x 1 rib for the cuff next time though.

Friday, I spent some time knitting the endless attached i-cord on the sweater(sorry no pictures yet) and drooling over the new Trekking stock at Commuknity. It's all Emy's fault! ;-) I couldn't help myself and bought three balls and a lovely jewelry case just perfect for keeping a pair of socks-in-progress.
Image hosting by Photobucket

I was annoyed at my disorganized stash, so the DH and I went to Ikea. Of course, I had to see what Swedish goodies were at the Cafe. These gummi cars are even better than Swedish fish.

After several hours, my stash was transformed from this....
Image hosting by Photobucket

To this:
Image hosting by Photobucket

I love my new yarn cabinet. We bought a different cabinet for the DH's stuff, which I forgot to take a picture of.

On Saturday, I started a pair of Garter rib socks for the DH.
Image hosting by Photobucket
They might get shoved aside for the Knitting Olympics though. I'm looking forward to creating my first fair isle project.

I've met many people, both in real life and virtually, who share the passion for knitting. Every single one of you have enriched my life in several ways. Thanks for reading!

12 Comments:

Blogger Pumpkinmama said...

Happy blog-day. Love your jaywalkers!

2/07/2006 7:53 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

Love the sox!
Happy 'versary...looking forward to another year of fabulous projects!
I am so jealous of your cabinet!

2/07/2006 9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy, happy blogaversary to you! Will we be seeing you at Stitches this year?

2/07/2006 9:48 AM  
Blogger Delia said...

It's a good thing I'm not in SJ anymore... I might have beat you to some of that Trekking!

2/07/2006 9:54 AM  
Blogger Jillio said...

happy blog anniversary! yay! aren't knitting blogs great?
jeez, i want an ikea over here! that cabinet is awesome! it wouldn't match my room, but heck, my yarn would look great in it ;P
your socks came out really cute :) the stripes are very cool! doesn't look like there's much pooling--very good considering it's hand painted.
lovely trekking...i've only seen it in two colors: a slightly speckled ecru and black/orange/red. i hope my LYS gets more in soon...not like i NEED any more sock yarn, but it's always nice to have. hehe...
happy knitting, and good luck getting ready for the knitting olympics!

2/07/2006 9:57 AM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

happy blogiversary! and i love the new yarn cabinet... you're so lucky to have a local IKEA!

2/07/2006 10:11 AM  
Blogger Emy said...

Happy anniversary!

I love your cabinets! I'm just trying to figure out where they might work in my house. :O

2/07/2006 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary! Cool yarn storage solution...pretty AND functional!

2/07/2006 2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary! Love the Jaywalkers. :)

2/07/2006 6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blog-iversary!! Love your yarn cabinet! Ikea rocks.

Are you planning a trip to Stitches next weekend?

2/08/2006 9:35 AM  
Blogger loulou said...

Oooh... you've got your own "yarn wall"! When I worked at a craft store in university, organizing the yarn wall was my favourite task....

Happy Blogiversary!

2/11/2006 7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Jaywalkers (would you like them to be in the gallery, perhaps?) and happy blogaversary!!!

2/14/2006 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home