Cj's Knitting Basket

A blog for my knitting progress and other life events.

Name:
Location: Silicon Valley, California, United States

Monday, April 10, 2006

Transitions

Anyone else going through a transition in their life? I *highly* recommend Transitions: Making Sense of Life's Changes by William Bridges. It's kept me grounded during the unsettling transition I've been undergoing lately. I have been knitting, despite my lack of posting.

-----Onto the FOs-----

Kimono shawl:

Preblocked: 19 x 60 inches
Final dimensions: 22 x 70 inches (22 repeats)

Sitcom Chic

-Project Stats-
Needles: Size 8 Addi Turbo Circulars
Yarn: Cotton Ease in Candy Blue (3 1/2 skeins)
Pattern: Sitcom Chic
Notes: Started 3/14/06 Finished 3/31/06 I didn't mean to make it so fitted, but it works for me.

Baby Hat & Socks

-Project Stats-
Needles: Baby hat Size 3 Inox Baby Socks Size 2 Inox
Yarn: Filatura di Crosa Zarina (1 ball)
Pattern: Modified Umbilical Cord hat from SnB and Class sock from Sensational Knitted Socks
Notes: Started 4/1/06 Finished 4/7/06 I did these for a class I taught at work.


Touch Me Hat
-Project Stats-
Needles: Size 8 Addi Turbos
Yarn: Touch Me by Muench Yarns
Pattern: Marilee
Notes: Started 3/31/06 Finished 4/7/06 Both this hat and Odessa are for a dear friend's wife who was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer.
Odessa
-Project Stats-
Needles: Size 6 Addi Turbos
Yarn: Rowan Caschsoft DK in SH518 (Charcoal)
Pattern: Odessa from MagKnits
Notes: Started 4/1/06 Finished 4/7/06

Bubblegum socks

-Project Stats-
Needles: Size 1 Crystal Palace Bamboo & Size 1 Inox
Yarn: Lana Grossa Meilenweit Multiringel 5123/64676
Pattern: Lace Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks
Notes: Started 2/17/06 Finished 4/8/06

I've started the Rebecca #29 Cardi Wrap 36. The yarn is incredibly soft and warm.


I started on my STR club socks on Saturday.

Note to self: Make sure you know which end of the provisional crochet chain you start knitting into. It took me half an hour for the first sock to pick up those edge stitches for the picot edge. It took me 1 1/2 hours for the second sock because I wasn't paying attention which end of the crochet chain was supposed to unzip. It cracked me up that 4 of us had brought our socks to Social Knitting on Sunday. I know Emy is working on her socks too.

Found over at Nathania's Blog:

Cybernetic Juggernaut Skilled in Accurate Calculation, Hazardous Infiltration and Kamikaze Observation

6 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

I hope that things are settling with you and that the right path or direction is revealing itself to you.

Wow...look at all those finished projects! Amazing and beautiful! The kimono shawl is especially beautiful.

4/10/2006 9:27 PM  
Blogger Emy said...

You're zooming way past me on the socks, dearie...I think I've done 11 pattern repeats on the first sock, and I'm happily doing them one at a time.

4/10/2006 10:37 PM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

For someone in the midst of transitions, you certainly have kept your knitty groove going! Lovely projects. That shawl is so elegant. And all the little hats and socks! Tell us, what do you think of Sitcom Chic? It seems like such a utilitarian (in a good way) pattern, something that is both cute and very everyday comfy. I've knit with Cotton Ease but only for baby things. Do you like wearing it? I still have a bunch of it here... Do take care yourself while going through these changes. *hugs*

4/11/2006 11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What nice FO's! Your Kimono shawl is beautiful!

4/11/2006 12:38 PM  
Blogger Jillio said...

whoa dang, dude! you always have so many FO's to post at a time. i'm sure knitting is the best thing to get you through any life transition :)
your shawl is b-e-a-utiful! wow.
and how about your STR socks--theyr'e striping so nicely!
well, whatever your transition is, i hope it goes smoothly and you find solace in the stitches.
happy thoughts and much aloha to you! ;) take care!

4/12/2006 2:01 PM  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Wow! Definitely some beautiful finished objects. I hope whatever is going on in your life is getting figured out as well as your finished projects have been!

Jessica

4/12/2006 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home