My so-called scarf, Socktoberfest, Sweater sleeves, and Waist Shaping

Yarn: Noro Aurora / Color 2 lot A / 3 balls
Needles: Clover circulars # 7
Pattern: My So-Called Scarf
Notes: It is 5 by 64 inches. It needs to be blocked. I love the sparkly bits throughout that give it a festive look.
I joined Lolly's Socktoberfest and I started my second pair for this month, although I'm tempted to start in on the Orange Trekking XXL in my stash at the same time.

Last night, Nathania introduced me to none other than the designer of Kepler, Emily. She's just as cool in person as on her blog. I missed my WW and sock inspiration last night. =)
The sleeves for the Kepler/Samus hybrid sweater are done.

I picked up the stitches for the body last night, while chatting with the fabulous-as-always knitters at Commuknity. Have I mentioned how much I hate having to pick-up stitches? The design is worth it though. I was going to add a Rogue-like kangaroo pocket, but the cable band is wide and the placement of the pockets would be less than flattering around the belly area.
I've even done some math for the waist shaping to customize the fit. I found it fun. But then again, I'm an engineer. I had Rogue and another store bought sweater on the dining room table to take some measurements, as well as S&B Nation for some guidance.
DH: What're you doing?
Me: Trying to figure out how to make the sweater fit better.
DH: Is that math, for your knitting?
Me: Yeah. What did you think I was doing?
DH: Homework.









6 Comments:
LOL. well, sometimes knitting FEELS like homework...
Aw, you're too sweet! Last night was the one Wednesday I didn't work this month...I'm sorry I missed you!
Good job on the second pair of socks...I'm so glad you like making them. :)
I totally agree with the knitting feeling like homework comment. Shouldda paid more attention during algebra II, huh?
The math might be a pain in the neck now, but you'll be so glad you did it later, right? That sweater is going to fit you so well. :) Have fun with socks!
Hi CJ! Socktoberfest is such fun isn't it! When you see everyones finished sockies...it motivates ya to get moving, huh? Way to go with all that math stuff! I'm sure you will be so much happier w/the finished project!
i've always liked math, and i never really minded homework. the fact that knitting combines math makes math seem so much more useful. too bad there weren't knitting classes offered at my college. i know i definietly would not think of the math for knitting as homework! my senior project would've been to design a sweater using a math program...
Post a Comment
<< Home