Cj's Knitting Basket

A blog for my knitting progress and other life events.

Name:
Location: Silicon Valley, California, United States

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Three pieces of advice

"Don't let how others feel about you influence how you feel about yourself."

"It's definitely a bubble-bath day."

"Don't think about it so much."

The first one is from a co-worker that's taking a training class with me this week. The last two are from the Dove Promise chocolates I had while knitting at CommuKnity. It's been a bubble-bath week actually.

Thanks for the comments about Kiri. I wore it to class today to stave off the air conditioner that was set at like 55 degs F. If I get ambitious, I'm going to try to block it again this weekend to get the cute scalloped edge.

Here are my questionnaire answers for SP6. (~waving~ to Secret Pal. That was a cute e-card btw.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I'm not a yarn snob (usually), although I have been avoiding Red Heart and Lion Brand in most projects lately. I've been spoiled by having Commuknity nearby.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I tried spinning a while ago and have a drop spindle. I learned to crochet long before I started knitting.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

I don't like smoke. Otherwise, I don't think I have any allergies.

4. How long have you been knitting?

About a dozen years, but only seriously in the last 2 or so.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

No.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Bath Products: The Body Shop - Satsuma
Candles: Anything non-flowery and no vanilla please

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Yes, oh, yes! Milk chocolate, white chocolate, and gummi bears are my favorites.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I have dabbled in scrapbooking, stamping, cross-stitch, sewing, and origami.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I have eclectic tastes and don't have a particular genre I stay with for very long. I minored in music and enjoy just about anything. To take a sampling of the albums I own I have Cypress Hill, Beastie Boys, Orbital, Shania Twain, Peter Cetera, The Corrs, Pavarotti, Josh Groban, Green Day, and The Swingle Singers in the pile. Lately, I've been listening to 80's music. I own an iPod mini.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

Colors from the cool palette are my favorites. Blues, Purples, Greens, Silvers, or Greys are what constitute most of my wardrobe, although lately, I've been integrating some pink here and there.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I'm married but we don't have 2 legged kids (yet). We have two dogs, a hamster, and several fish.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

To design exotic aircraft. ;-)

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I'm not sure I have a favorite, although I'd love to work with some cashmere someday.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Again, I'm not sure I have any that I absolutely dislike. I avoid scratchy wool though.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

It's been lace and tiny needles (Kiri and MaryElla) lately, although I love cable projects too.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I don't think I have any favorite items to knit.

17. What are you knitting right now?

I'm knitting a sweater (a Samus/Kepler design hybrid).

18. What do you think about ponchos?

I own an all purpose black one, but have only worn it once. That was a waste of $.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

I prefer circular needles.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

No preference really, although I use my Denises almost all the time.

21. Are you a sock knitter?

Um, yes. I have two sets on the needles, but I have yet to complete my first sock.

22. How did you learn to knit?

I taught myself from some library books.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

I would guess about 1 year.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

Hello Kitty. Also, Bonta-kun from Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas. Thanksgiving would be a close second since it usually lands near my birthday.

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Pez Dispensers, M&M Dispensers, random Anime stuff.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

None.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

Any books about lace or beaded knitting.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??

Gothic Leaf Stole, Twining vine throw

30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?

9 inches long, 8 inches around the ball of my foot, about 9 inches around my ankle (3 inches from the top of my heel). I don't really have any favorite type of socks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home