Cj's Knitting Basket

A blog for my knitting progress and other life events.

Name:
Location: Silicon Valley, California, United States

Monday, August 29, 2005

My basket is full...

...of yummy yarn.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

On Friday, I took advantage of the White Sale that Commuknity was having (most yarns with cotton content were on sale for 15% off). I've been wanting to make Braid, but I'm thinking it'll be next spring's sweater project. I also bought some Cascade 220 in the same shades as the felted hat to make a matching scarf as well as some tan/brown Rowan handknit cotton for making a batch of tiny teddy bears from the IK 2005 summer issue. In less than an hour, I made a bear as a gift ornament for a little girl who turns one-year old. I used my size 6 Boye DPNs.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

WishBone was groomed, but in the most unexpected way. His ears aren't usually so severely shaved. The DH couldn't stop laughing when he saw what the groomers had done to him.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I found the cutest little tape measure at J's for less than $3 (using my 40% off coupon). You pull on the left arm for the tape. DH thinks it's tolerable in the "cute" department.

Saturday, we attended a wedding. Lucky me; I got to take home a centerpiece. The roses are lovely to look at.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yesterday, we braved the back-to-school mobs at Target for some necessities, and I found that the Version 2 Tamagotchi Connections have been released. Apparently there are more games, more characters, more friends, and it has a longer battery life. I stopped playing with my Tama Connections a while back because I had to replace the battery every two weeks. The mini-Tamas are now available here in the US, but I'll wait until next payday to get any of those, since I've already got one from the China trip.

3 Comments:

Blogger Emy said...

That teddy bear is very cute, and wow...must resist Tamagotchi. SO addicting.

8/30/2005 9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How I love new stash. Beautiful colors. And the bear is adorable, what a cute gift idea.

8/30/2005 11:21 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

Even the bear has accessories! Cute! They're bigger than I thought they were from the picture in the mag. And wow! Look at all that yarn! I'm jealous!

8/30/2005 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home