Kiri is done!

The scalloped edge didn't come out as planned and I may reblock it, or add beads to create the points in the future. But for now, it's off the needles.

Stats
Pattern:
Kiri
Needles:
Size 7 Denise (cast off with size 9)
Yarn:
Crystal Palace Kid Merino Color 9806
I used over 2 1/2 balls (this is what I had leftover).
Notes:
It was my first time working with mohair. I put markers on the knit rows, and removed them on the WS rows. Living dangerously, I didn't use a lifeline, but I did count stitches every row. It was time consuming, but I'd heard about how difficult mohair is to frog.
The new Knitty is out and I'm just loving Samus, Josephine, and Bubby. Samus eerily resembles a cardiganized Kepler. I'm going to knit up at least 2 sweaters out of my yarn stash before I buy yarn for Josephine. Bubby seems like a larger version of the little bear I made a few weeks ago.
I'm well on my way to knock down one of those planned sweaters. I loved Samus and Kepler so much that I started it. On the left is my swatch, in the middle is what I'm working on, on the right is the original cable band for Samus that I started with. I didn't like how the cable just overlapped and didn't weave so I'm using the band from Kepler.

I received some replacement markers and a lovely pin from Katie and also found this link to free yarn on her blog. Thanks Katie!

I was in need of a little retail therapy last week and found more Crystal Palace Kid Merino that actually appealed to me. It was almost shocking to see myself magnetically attracted to it. I usually lean towards colors in the cool palette. I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet, but they were the last 3 balls of that color that CommuKnity had on their shelves and I knew I wouldn't find them the next time I had a chance to visit.

I've started another MaryElla. This one is pink with pearl seed beads.

Other pictures from the camera:
Target has yarn.
Bear has fun in the sprinklers.

Three years ago the DH bought the pair on the left. He liked them so much (and hates most of the current "hip" styles) that when we found them at the outlets last week, I encouraged him to buy two more of the same. It's strange to find that the same exact style of shoe is still around after three years.

Thursday at the mall, I bought shoes for myself. I had bought the pair on the left last February, but after the beating these shoes took in China and New York, they've just about seen their last days.
I was encouraged by a coach ages ago that if you found a shoe that suits, to buy two of the same because it can be a pain in the @$$ to look for comfortable althletic shoes. We're putting the new pairs under our bed in case of emergency. (i.e. earthquake hits and there's glass on the floor) Anyone else do this too?









6 Comments:
Your Kiri is beautiful!
Kiri is so lovely. Wow! It looks so fragile and ethereal in those photos; I like how the sunlight hits it. The colorway you used is so pretty for fall, too. :)
Kiri looks awesome, and the cables on your new project are very nice. And you're not alone- my boyfriend's been stocking up on the same pair of shoes for the past year. He buys them off of eBay, and has a secret stash in the closet in just about every color it's sold in.
Kiri is wonderful - I really love those greens.
Wow! Kiri is so lovely. Can't wait to see the new project, love that cable!
Beautiful job on Kiri! One of these days I'll get around to making a shawl. ;)
Jessica
http://zarzuela.blogspot.com
Post a Comment
<< Home