Cj's Knitting Basket

A blog for my knitting progress and other life events.

Name:
Location: Silicon Valley, California, United States

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Don't let the sunshine fool you.

It's been raining here.

I took the day off yesterday because I took the DH to Urgent Care. He had injured himself playing softball Tuesday evening. At least it wasn't something that involved his face again! His heel was really hurting after a slide into 2nd base. It hadn't improved overnight, and he had a fever in morning. The fever had nothing to do with the injury. He'd just caught a 24 hour flu bug. After two and a half hours of waiting, they finally took an X-ray of his heel. Thankfully, he hadn't broken anything. He's known about his flat feet, but didn't know that plantar fasciitis even existed. If this becomes chronic, he may need to see a podiatrist.

While waiting for the DH to be seen, there were two other women knitting in the reception room. One was knitting a baby blanket and the other, a scarf. We smiled shyly at each other as we listened to our needles clicking. The most awful reality show was playing in the background, which I did my best to ignore while working on MaryElla.(1) I love the cuff, although DH said it looks like a fancy bandage. =P to him...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Stats
Yarn Thread: DMC Perle Cotton 8 (Color 224)
Needles: Skacel 0000
Beads: Frost seed beads
Notes: Instead of snaps, I sewed on a hook and eye closure. I think the next one will have the recommended snaps, since the hook closure is a bit bulkier than I expected. Also, the pink color isn't too flattering against my skin tone. I'm thinking I'll use pearl seed beads for the next one.

Of course, after finishing MaryElla, I promptly cast on for a felted hat. It was a quick knit and I finished it earlier tonight. It'll be my first felting experience.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

In the afternoon, I headed over to CommuKnity for some quality knit time. I'd been contemplating on what would become of some of my NYC purchases, so I bought the patterns for the Baltic Sea Stole, the Flower Basket Shawl, and the Leaf Lace Shawl. I'm also thinking about making the Kimono shawl from Folk Shawls and the Dayflower Daydream from Shawls and Scarves : The Best of Knitter's Magazine. Why yes, I did buy enough yardage to do *all* those and more.(2) I'm a sucker for lovely yarn! =)

When I got home, I found the DH and Bear lying belly-up.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Notes:
(1) I find this show a most disgusting social experiment that should have never been conceived. These people have real problems (often with relationships) and shouldn't have been put under the same roof with each other. I suspect more harm than good will come out of this show. It was like watching a train wreck. I was a captive audience and too horrified to look away. Argh!
(2) I bought 14 skeins of yarn that totaled 7,850 yards! I think I might faint. That's almost 4 1/2 miles of laceweight. It makes me curious as to how much yardage I have in the stash. I'll admit that I'm a biter (definition 1). I've been inspired by all the knit bloggers that have tackled these projects and have been coveting the final products.

WW progress:
Weigh-in results: -2.6 current/-20.4 goal
With all the stress and traveling, I'm glad I've stayed fairly level.

Daily Walks: I'm still going strong with about 45 minutes a day with Bear having so much energy he needs to work off. A tired dog is a happy dog!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pumpkinmama said...

The MaryElla is quite nice. I'm jealous of your lace stash - both patterns and yarn - how wonderful to have so many choices, can't wait to see what you pick!

8/26/2005 4:14 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

I'm digging those frosted seed beads! The pink is close to your skin tone, maybe a brighter ribbon color change will help...the black seems a little stark.

I think it's so beautiful. I would love to make one [my sisters made two] but I'm shying away from those 00000000 needles. ; )

8/26/2005 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home