Ess-Ee-Ecks in the City

I had matzo ball soup at Ben's Delicatessen for lunch. I had my first glimpses of the Empire State Building and later that night, took some shots from the 86th floor.

I had tried to get an earlier flight back today, but it wasn't possible without the hassle of waiting as stand-by. So, I fly back tomorrow instead. My co-worker and I took the subway and had brunch at Katz's Delicatessen. The pickles, pastrami sandwich, egg salad sandwich, and sweet potato knish was indescribable (my co-worker and I split those items). He indulged me as I went into Purl nearby. It's a cute little shop and I managed to pick up some Lorna's Laces Helen's Lace in Sage and Pewter.

This afternoon, we made it down to Wall Street and gave our respects at the WTC site. I walked back up and made it up to Rockefeller Center after passing the library featured in the first Spiderman movie.

The largest Macy's in the world was wild. They even have some of the original (or at least they look original) wooden escalators in use! It's nine stories of pure shopping enjoyment and it takes up a full city block.

My hotel is right around the corner from Madison Square Garden and directly across from St. Francis of Assisi Church. As much as I enjoy this city, I can't wait to get home!









3 Comments:
Thanks for that! I heart NY!!
Oh, I love New York. I'm becoming more and more convinced I need to move there...
I am jealous...I love NY too. You are so lucky to get to the NY knit shops. Glad you were able to acquire some new stash ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home