Bear's Landmark occurence (and a little knitting news)
On Saturday, at 3 am, I'd removed his e-collar to feed him. After he had eaten, he did the funniest thing. He sniffed the e-collar, then proceeded to stick his head in the opening. He walked away with it on him. Putting on an e-collar had never been so easy. DH still can't get the hang of putting it on him, but Bear is used to me doing it.
We've kept him separate from WishBone for the most part, although their crates are near (about 3 feet away). WishBone has started some territorial marking. He's trying to be sneaky, but we watch him like a hawk. We won't let them interact actively until the sutures come out. They seem to be okay with each other, as DH predicted. Bear's healing very well, so the sutures should come out next week on Thursday.
We called the vet on Saturday afternoon and she said that by Monday, if Bear still hadn't had a bowel movement, to take him in. This morning, the worry was over. I'd never been so excited to see a dog do his thing, even though it stank like there was no tomorrow! I praised him for making it on the pad (mostly because I saw him sniffing and circling and shoved it under him) and gave him a little solid food as a treat when he sniffed the waste on the pad. He should get the association soon. He's a smart one. He's already figured out to head for the pad when he pees (most times and gets a treat when he does it correctly) and hopefully, he'll do the same again when he poos.
Obligatory Knitting content:
I'm almost done with the first ball of yarn for Kiri. It's almost amazing how monogamously I'm knitting since I love the fuzzy yarn so much. The pattern doesn't bore me like the Clapotis has lately, since every other row Kiri's stitch pattern changes. I frogged back the Ocean Waves scarf yesterday (the Colinette cotton tape) and tried to crochet a hat, but there's just not enough yardage. I used the swift to wind it back into a hank, and it went back into the stash pile. I'm thinking about doing the same to the Opal socks so I'll have only one pair of socks on the needles at a time. Besides, that'll give me a chance to match the stripes.









0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home