Cj's Knitting Basket

A blog for my knitting progress and other life events.

Name:
Location: Silicon Valley, California, United States

Monday, August 22, 2005

Some semblance of calm

Delta delivered my luggage Friday afternoon. DH loved one of the gifts I bought for him. Anyone else a fan of Triumph?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We pulled up the carpet and the floor underneath has dried to our satisfaction. There's still a slight buckling of the flooring, but we just don't have the financial resources to have it redone. Maybe next summer.

WishBone is doing great. He's just about back to normal. He was skittish and wanted to stay in his crate all of Friday and Saturday. I didn't force the issue, and he would only want to go out when he needed to relieve himself. Notice the tire mark on his left eye and along his left rib cage. The doctor's diagnosis literally was "lucky dog." He gets to go to the groomer this weekend.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We've learned not to let the dogs play with toys while they're both wandering about. WishBone took a slight beat down from Bear yesterday. Bear's a collector and won't share any of the gazillion toys we have for both of them. He gets extremely jealous of WishBone getting near any of the toys. They're fine (with supervision) playing in the house without toys. This upcoming weekend, DH is working on closing up the gaps under the fence doors and on securing the kennel. Bear is an escape artist and snuck out of the kennel several times while I was out of town last week. At least Bear stayed in the yard.

In knitting news:
I've received my fourth set of stitch markers for MarkerMania from Karen. Thanks Karen! Moonstone is one gem I've always had a leaning towards.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Melissa swapped with me individually for some markers. I like to think they're woodland themed. Thanks for the postcard and the Jelly Belly beans!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Over the weekend I managed to finish Clapotis #2.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pertinent stats
Yarn: Southwest Trading Company-Bamboo (color-Intensity) a little less than 3 balls used
Needles: Denise #6
Notes: I did 9 increase repeats, then finished off the first ball doing 3 straight section repeats. I kept repeating the straight section until I ran out of the second ball of yarn. For the third ball of yarn, I did 3 straight section repeats, then started the decrease section. I had less than 1/4 ball of yarn leftover. The shawl measures 70 inches x 20 inches. I'm not so sure if I'm liking the pooling at the ends. This may get reincarnated if I'm still not loving it after a week.

I've finished the first ball of CP Kid Merino and have started in on the second ball. Have I mentioned how much I love knitting Kiri? ;-)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I've started a MaryElla. The 0000 needles are tiny!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Contest winner:
Hi Christie, you're the only one who gave it a guess. I think my clues were too hard. The first picture is just outside the Burbank airport. The second picture is near Paseo Colorado in Pasadena. To thank you for playing, I've decided you're the winner. Send me an email with your snail mail addy at cjsachikoATyahooDOTcom.

Thanks for the hugs everyone! Amazing how they can work over distances. I've enjoyed reading everyone's comments about NYC and my stash enhancement. I also appreciate all the support regarding our pets.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great stitch markers. I am sooo jealous of all of the finished projects! I'm not getting much knittin' time these days. Your clapotis and kiri are lovely! Knit on girl ;)

8/23/2005 4:57 AM  
Blogger Pumpkinmama said...

Clapotis is lovely, and the kiri is coming along very well - love the colors.

8/23/2005 5:56 AM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

I love moonstone; I brought some earrings and a bracelet back from India a couple of years ago. I'm glad your pup is healing! And that Clapotis is so pretty! Lovely colorway. Enjoy!

8/23/2005 8:26 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

WishBone is so cute, even though he has those sad tire marks on him. That's a VERY lucky dog! I'm glad the hounds are well--their mischievous behavior is a sign that they must be feeling okay!

8/23/2005 8:59 AM  
Blogger Delia said...

Love that clapotis... I didn't really notice the pooling... maybe it was just the photo?

Thank heavens Wishbone is OK!

8/24/2005 9:10 AM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

first off, what a relief that wishbone is ok! and i love the new spunky 'do. No comments about Triumph? I loved his work about the Star Wars fans (of which I am one, but not nearly as crazy as all that). Last...I love the clapotis I made out of SWTC bamboo. I think I must've used a couple more straight repeats b/c I had a teeny tiny ball left on my third ball. Don't you love the drape it gives?

9/01/2005 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home