Cj's Knitting Basket

A blog for my knitting progress and other life events.

Name:
Location: Silicon Valley, California, United States

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Spinning endeavours

At Stitches, I also bought more Chasing Rainbows Fiber (20%cashmere/80%merino) roving to supplement the last batch I finished last February. I wasn't so careful about aligning the colors this time, so there's a bit more barber pole action happening in this batch. I'm not sure what it'll be when it grows up, but it sure is pretty to look at.




BTW, they're currently having a sale over at Purlescence Yarns on Chasing Rainbows spinning fiber. 15% off! Sale runs 5/2 - 5/7.

I also finished, and sent the second package for my handspun swap pal back in February. It was the "Sea" roving I dyed back in January.



I've started in on a fiber set that I ordered from Spunky Eclectic a few months ago. It's called "Pie." It's less fuschia in real life than the picture shows.


I think I'm current with my posts, finally.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Redheadskydiver said...

Wow! The sea stuff is very pretty! Well, actually it's all very pretty!

5/02/2007 5:54 AM  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Beautiful spinning! Great looking fibers too. :)

Jessica

5/02/2007 6:09 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

Oh my gosh that's beautiful stuff!

5/02/2007 9:29 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

Those colors are so beautiful! What a great job on spinning it up. WOW!

5/02/2007 9:54 AM  
Blogger Jillio said...

wow! that all looks soooooo gorgeous! you're really good at that spinning thing! and hey, that shawl you made...that was out of the lace weight i traded you a while ago, right? for that pillow kit from target? wow. it came out really awesome! i'll have to go back to the mini shawl i started (that was a while ago...) with another color of that lace weight. i'll have to dust off my wheel, too. it hasn't seen action since february! you're so productive. i'm always inspired after reading your blog. :)

5/02/2007 12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your 2-ply is amazing! So pretty

5/03/2007 12:05 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

beautiful!! I love them all.

5/04/2007 12:17 PM  
Blogger Nita said...

Bee u tee ful!!

5/04/2007 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home