Cj's Knitting Basket

A blog for my knitting progress and other life events.

Name:
Location: Silicon Valley, California, United States

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Keeping busy...

Last weekend, I dyed some roving.

"Stormy"




"Sea"




I spun up some pretty thin singles of the "Stormy" roving.


Then plied them into a laceweight two-ply.


The pictures don't show the depth of color there is. It turned out a bit more muted than I expected, but I hope my swap partner likes it.

This is what happens when you accidentally put your tape measure through the wash.


The retracting spring rusted overnight when it dried.

I finished my Hippy Crunchy socks!



Started: 12/29/06
Finished: 1/21/07
Yarn: Socks that Rock Lightweight
Color: Peaseblossom
Amount: Less than 1 ball
Needles: Size 0 Inox
Pattern: Hippy Crunchy from the Sock Club
Notes: It was a very challenging pattern, with the constant shifting of stitches between needles. It's a bit slouchy at the cuff, but the foot fits just fine.

I started in on a Charlotte's web shawl using the yarn I dyed last July.



Last, but definitely not least, thank you to my KMKS partner for a fabulous package which included a versatile mitten pattern, a felted bag (check out the fair isled flap!), some yummy goodies, and two(!) skeins of Malabrigo. Thank you very much Sara! (Do you have a blog address?)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks look great, and I absolutely LOVE the "stormy" yarn.

1/22/2007 1:02 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

The rovings are beautiful and your spinning is just amazing! I love the socks and shawl too. You're a wonderful knitter!

1/22/2007 3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful dye job! What techniques and dyes did you use? I love the socks too. Very interesting pattern.

Jessica
http://zarzuelaknitsandcrochets.com/blog

1/24/2007 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home