Cj's Knitting Basket

A blog for my knitting progress and other life events.

Name:
Location: Silicon Valley, California, United States

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Not quite sweater weather

Spring has definitely arrived around these parts, with a hint of summer to come soon.

Arwen Cardigan



Started: 3/11/07
Finished: 4/18/07
Yarn: Cascade Sierra
Colors: Light blue
Amount: slightly less than 8 skeins
Needles: Addi Turbo 7/8
Pattern: A Cardigan for Arwen from Interweave Knits
Notes: I love this sweater. I would have finished sooner, if I hadn't gotten sick at the end of March. The construction was different, being done with only three pieces! I think if I make another in the future, I'd like to find a way to rework the way the arms are done. There just isn't enough ease in it. Otherwise, the fit is perfect for me.

I've started a solid colored Ribby Pulli (the hoodie version with long sleeves and a front pocket). I've finished the main portion of the body.

The BMFA "Twisted" yarn is divine to work with and the color, "Backstabber," is not my usual fare, but I absolutely adore it!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Redheadskydiver said...

Ok, first of Arwen looks awesome! But my goodness that ribby is going to be gorgeous!! I was a little shocked when I saw the color but it will look stunning on you!

4/30/2007 6:43 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4/30/2007 1:34 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

Wow! Arwen is looking great!

5/01/2007 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your Arwen is stunning!

Can't wait to see that cherry color on you. So glad to see you branching out. I need to take a page from your book some day

5/01/2007 2:24 PM  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Omigosh that Arwen is beautiful! Did you find the pattern to be well written?

Jessica

5/02/2007 6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arwen is gorgeous! Beautiful color too....it's on my to do list.

5/12/2007 5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, can you tell me which issue of Interweave had the Arwen sweater? Thanks, Karen

5/14/2007 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home