Cj's Knitting Basket

A blog for my knitting progress and other life events.

Name:
Location: Silicon Valley, California, United States

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Sunny Day for Shawls

Charlotte's Web



Started: 1/17/07
Finished: 2/25/07
Yarn: Kona Fingering Merino Superwash
Colors: Hand-Dyed
Amount: ?
Needles: Denise US6/US8 for bindoff (size F Boye hook for scalloped edging)
Pattern: Charlotte's Web
Notes: I didn't like the fringe, so I decided to do a crocheted edging. Also, I did 11 repeats of the main pattern. Would I make this again? Definitely. Unblocked: 23 x 46 inches
Blocked: 31 x 62 inches

Ju-San Luna Shawl


Started: 2/4/07
Finished: 2/27/07
Yarn: Erdal Clouds/Kidsilk Haze/Kid Merino/ Little flowers/Lurex Shimmer
Colors: See this post here for the yarn before knitting
Amount: ?
Needles: US8 Addi Turbos
Pattern: Ju-San Luna Shawl from Purlescence
Notes: I loved the pattern, and want to make another one next winter. When I was sick, I wore it all the time because I felt like I was wrapped in a hug all day. Final Dimensions: ?

Ene's Scarf



Started: 2/28//07
Finished: 3/10/07
Yarn: handpaintedyarn.com single ply lace
Colors: Brown Berries
Amount: Less than 1 hank
Needles: Denise US7 for cast-on/US5 for the rest of the shawl
Pattern: Ene's Scarf from Scarf Style
Notes: Loved the yarn, loved the pattern.
Unblocked: 24 x 31 inches
Blocked: 31 x 62 inches

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Hi CJ, those shawls are awesome, I have the Charlottes Web on the needles right now, You're a fast knitter, maybe we can get together soon for a spinning session.
I'm glad you're feeling better.

4/27/2007 12:08 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

Those are just beautiful! I am so jealous because I don't know if I well ever try knit another shawl. Crochet, maybe, but knit, probably not. But gorgeous.

4/27/2007 4:08 PM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

i love the charlotte's web all in one color! and ene is a totally addictive knit. beautiful work!

4/27/2007 5:55 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

Wow! They are all *gorgeous*! :)

4/27/2007 7:06 PM  
Blogger Redheadskydiver said...

Wow charlotte's web did turn out pretty big after you blocked it! I love Ene's scarf too. I know you haven't blogged in a while but man you still must have been knitting like crazy!

4/30/2007 6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home