Cj's Knitting Basket

A blog for my knitting progress and other life events.

Name:
Location: Silicon Valley, California, United States

Monday, July 17, 2006

Bags and Socks

Thanks for the comments and compliments on the yarn dyeing and bags! They made me smile.

All the fabrics I've pictured so far, except these (from the Virginia Quilter), come from my local Joann's fabrics.

Over the weekend, I was sew crazy once again and made a set of bags for Christina with the fabric she bought.

Here's an inside shot.

The tote bag pattern is actually based on Mariko's tutorial.

I made a second set of bags to write out a tutorial for the mini messenger bag and take pictures of the process.

The pattern will be forthcoming...

I wanted to try an adjustable shoulder strap, so a third set was created, with a polka dotted interior.


What do you think? I'm not sure if I like the plastic hardware on the third bag, but it's all that was available at Hancock fabrics and Joann's. Anyone know of a good on-line (or off-line) source for purse hardware like D-rings, strap adjusters, buckles and the like?

Lest you think I've only been sewing...



I finished the Koigu Ribbed Lace Socks.
-Project Stats-
Pattern: Ribbed Lace from Sensational Knitted Socks
Started: 7/5/06
Finished: 7/15/06
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM / P430 92 / 2 balls
Needles: US 1 Addi Turbos
Notes: I cast-on 64 sts. The Addis (2.5mm) gave a me a slightly looser guage than with my Inox (2.25mm), but the socks still fit just fine.

I started a pair of garter rib socks for the DH. It's a little early for Project Spectrum August/neutrals, but they need to be done before our anniversary.


I've signed up for another swap. You have until this Thursday, July 20th to sign-up here for the .
Have a great week!

2 Comments:

Blogger CynCyn said...

after watching some friends make/sew what seems to me like simple bags, I can only imagine how difficult those bags were to make. I'm SO impressed!

7/18/2006 11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great bags! And I love your socks.. the colors and pattern are beautiful!

7/19/2006 4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home