Cj's Knitting Basket

A blog for my knitting progress and other life events.

Name:
Location: Silicon Valley, California, United States

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Forecast: Cloudy

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Well, not really. It was just the frost on my windshield yesterday. Actually, my new scarf makes me feel like I'm wearing a warm fluffy cloud around my neck.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Project Stats
Yarn: Rowan KSH / Less than one ball (0.5 oz)/ Shade 589
Needles: Lantern Moon #8 Straights
Pattern: Branching Out from Knitty
Notes: I did 25 repeats and its blocked dimensions were 54 x 5 1/2 inches. The blocking wires were a pain to install, especially with Bear being so curious about the fuzzy yarn, but I'm ecstatic about the straight edged results. The first Branching Out I'd made was a hit with the bride. This Kid-Smack-Haze one is mine, all mine! Christie, I really love the leafy-ness. The lace pattern was just the right amount of challenging while watching The Triangle and Law & Order on TiVo. I think this scarf took me about 8 hours of knitting spread over 5 evenings.

Melissa wanted to know what yarn I used for the brown patterned hat. The patterned hats use Bernat's in their Camouflage colorways. The hats were also for my brother as Christmas gifts along with the Jayne hat. Hopefully, the care package will get to him on time.

La, I used "Basic Cable" from SnB Nation for the cabled hats, and I don't consider my readers "needy." ;) To be honest, I'm flattered that anyone would want to read my humble little blog!

Of course, I had to start another project after finishing the scarf. I'm now on a marathon sprint to finish another pair of socks for the DH in time for X-mas. It shouldn't be a problem, even though I'm working the magic loop method for two socks toe up on one circular this time. =D
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As for the new Knitty? I'm thinking that knecklace, pomatomus, danica, and bristow will be added to the "must-do projects" list. I love the cabling texture on chaos. I'd love to see an adult sized adaptation in a cardigan! I still haven't reblocked the sweater, but will probably do that this weekend.

While driving home together today, DH and I saw four personalized license plates:
MSheartRIRS
1HNSTheart
RIPUNZL
LBR8TER

We couldn't figure out that first one though. I think we saw more on the road today because we got out of work late.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pumpkinmama said...

Very pretty scarf! I can't figure out that top plate either.

12/08/2005 7:57 AM  
Blogger Sandee said...

Branching out...me likee!

My fave knittys this issue: The knecklace and tempting II, the buckle is kinda cute in a pilgrim shoe buckle sort of way!

12/08/2005 9:47 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

The scarf looks beautiful!

12/08/2005 9:58 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

That scarf is so lovely! I think that I may have to copy you ASAP, STAT and all that!

12/08/2005 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home