Thanks for the Birthday wishes.
Turon Recipe (a.k.a. Banana Lumpia)
8 ripe bananas
Powdered Sugar
Brown Sugar
1 package of Spring Roll Wrappers (30 wrappers in a package)
1 egg
Directions
1. Peel then cut the bananas in half, then in half lengthwise. (4 pieces from each banana).
2. Beat the egg in a bowl. This will be used to seal the lumpia.
3. Separate the wrappers, being careful not to rip them.
4. Place a banana slice on the wrapper diagonally.
5. Spread 1 teaspoon of brown sugar on the banana slice.
6. Spread 1 teaspoon of powdered on top of the brown sugar.
7. Roll it up halfway, then fold the corners inward, then finish rolling it tight. Think of how you would wrap a burrito. The roll should be the thickness of a large carrot.
8. Dab a bit of the egg on the edge to seal it.
For a more authentic Filipino flavor, you can add "langka" aka jackfruit. We usually use whole jackfruit preserved in syrup from a can. Just strain, then cut the jackfruit into thin strips, and place it on top of the sugar before rolling the turon.
Yields 30 lumpia
We normally don't freeze these and cook them fresh the same day we make them. To cook, fry in hot oil. Your individual cooking times may vary, but fry until the wrapper is golden brown. I love eating these warm and served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Don't forget about the contest. Spread the word! =)









6 Comments:
Banana Lumpia is the best! I had it over at my ex-boyfriend's house, I about gorged myself on them [and I'm not one for hot cooked banana anything...except bread]. It's so funny, my mom's Chinese, but she makes Lumpia and pansit [sp?]...she hardly makes any traditional Chinese food!
these are even better when you use slightly over-ripe apple bananas. soooo ono (delicious)!
Left Bank is AWESOME... that's where I am going for my 'last supper' next week.
BTW, My co-worker and I will probably be at Commuknity right around 12:00 on Friday. We'll be there for a least 1/2 an hour - she has a lot to learn!
Oooooo.... Left Bank....
Happy Birthday, a little late, to a fellow INTJer!
INTJers UNITE! and did you have to post that recipe? dang. now I have to try it. b/c bananas are healthy and good for you too.
believe me, deciding between a spinning wheel and a spindle was SOOOOO difficult! i was thisclose to getting the wheel, but i have an overwhelmingly large conscience looming over my shoulder. i heard spinning on a spindle is good practice, anyway.
haha, word verification is dyprcity.
Post a Comment
<< Home