Cj's Knitting Basket

A blog for my knitting progress and other life events.

Name:
Location: Silicon Valley, California, United States

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Sweater Strife

I was so looking to finishing the i-cord edging on the sweater during UFO night at Commuknity.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I am especially proud of my sleeve seams and my body shaping worked out like a charm. Unfortunately, the sleeves are too long and too wide. I'll try reblocking it, and hope it'll miraculously shrink, but I doubt that'll work. I'll probably need to figure out how to reknit them up and adjust for my not so burly arms. Here's a picture of my Rogue sleeve over the current sweater. It's being set aside for now.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

While at UFO night, I finished a Jayne Cobb hat for my brother.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Project Stats
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Merino DK/ Less than one ball of 225700, 225701, 225503
Needles: Addi Turbos #7
Pattern: One I made up myself.
Notes: I'm addicted to Addi Turbo Needles!

I've been in a hat mood lately.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

To console myself on the sweater strife, I've started Branching Out in KSH, using size #8 straights.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It was fun to chat with Seltsame on Friday, whom I hadn't seen since Stitches. Earlier that day, I'd taken advantage of the 10-30% off sale that Commuknity was having, and wanted to give Delia a little gifty before she left town. I just adore my LYS and the staff there! =)

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

All your projects look great! What is that variegated brown hat yarn? It's really cool, I've never seen any yarn quite like it.

12/05/2005 8:57 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

Hat-o-Rama!!!
Geez!
How are you liking that leafy scarf? I'm thinking about starting one, but am not sure if the pattern appeals to me that much. How are you liking it?

12/05/2005 10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you can solve your sleeve dilemma! That is such a bummer. The scarf is just beautiful. I lust after that KSH!

12/06/2005 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home