So much to knit, so little time...

Stats:
Pattern: One Skein Wonder from Glampyre
Mods: The ribbing was too tight and was puckering at first, so I picked up 54 stitches along the diagonal edges instead of 44 as written.
Needles: Size 8/5 Denises
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden 1 1/2 balls Color: #213 (Coincidentally the same color as PumpkinKnits' Klaralund. Color karma at it's best!)
Communknity had an Open House last Thursday and of course this was the prime time for stash enhancement.

I bought more Noro Silk Garden for a neutral colored OSW, grey sock yarn that the DH picked out for himself (trying to reinspire me to finish the other two socks), and yummy Crystal Palace Kid Merino in a speckled green.
I was itching to start another project, but the plan to cast-on for Sitcom Chic wasn't to be. Such loveliness wouldn't stay hidden in the stash pile and I cast on for Kiri. I was just loving Ei's Birch and remembered Jen's Kiri and Christie's Kiri. I had a couple false starts (basically a tangled mess which I snipped!), but it's been fun to knit otherwise. Kid Merino is challenging and definitely not for the faint-hearted

On Saturday, we went to visit some friends and nearby was Fashionknit. There were several cubbyholes of Koigu I drooled over. The DH gave me only 20 minutes to look around (not enough time to actually make a decision), so my only purchase was a Clover pom pom maker. Maybe next time I'll actually have time to shop, rather than just look around.
When we got home, I found a package. The lovely handmade markers are from Cathi for Markermania and she even included "tanned" Hello Kitty Markers! Isn't this a cool card? Thank you Cathi, I love them!

I also received some cool glass ones from Renee! Thanks Renee, they're lovely!

I was inspired by the adorable little lamb that June sent me a few months ago. So I made some for my Markermania partners. I found the link, and you can try your hand at it too. These are "mini" lambs (much smaller than the one I linked to) and I hope the recipients like them. I made them into bookmarks.

Oh, I'm also so looking forward to making the fabulous Eris come fall. It's another awesome design from the Girl from Auntie. Thanks for the link PumpkinKnits!
DH and I will celebrate 2 years of marital bliss together tomorrow. I can't believe it's been that long already. La Fondue is going to be fun!
WW progress:
Weigh in results: -2.4 current/-20.4 goal
Daily Walks:
Monday: 40 min med.
Tuesday: 30 min. med
Wednesday: 30 min. med
Friday: 30 min. med
Monday: 30 min. med









8 Comments:
Happy Anniversary! Yay!! Have a fun date together, and here's to the next 50 years! :)
Your OSW is pretty... I love the stripes on you.
I'm lovin' your OSW! Very cute. Wow...can't wait to see all of your new yarn knitted up...and at the rate I'm working on Kiri...yours will be done before mine!
the OSW looks very nice, and I am positively drooling over the yarn you have there for Kiri - its going to be fabulous.
I'm thinking red for Eris, and the cardigan version.
To echo everyone else -- I clicked on 'Post a Comment' to tell you that I love the OSW. I'm so going to make one for myself this month!
Happy anniversary! Hope you two have a great day together.
Happy Anniversary! Your OSW looks great. :)
I too love the OSW! How cute! Happy Anniversary!
I love the OSW! The Noro looks great. I'm on my 3rd varation of it!
Your OSW is so cute! I love the kid merino..such beautiful colors. I switched to the Addi Natura's for my Kid silk haze shawl and found them easier to knit with. You lucky girl, such great stitch markers..and those cute little lambies..aaahhh.
Have a fun Anniversary. Congrats!
Post a Comment
<< Home