Cj's Knitting Basket

A blog for my knitting progress and other life events.

Name:
Location: Silicon Valley, California, United States

Monday, July 25, 2005

Projects galore

In the past week and a half, I've been on a crafting spree...

These pictures are overdue but here I am after getting ready for the wedding.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I finished the pillowghan squares and all that's left is to hold a seaming party for it.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

What did I do after (nearly) completing one crochet project? I started a new one of course. This is the Quick & Easy Pouch Bag in Quartz Barcelona wet spun linen.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The linen is a bit rough on the hands at first, but I like the fact that this makes a perfect car project. I don't lose my place as easily. The DH doesn't complain as much about me saying "Just one more row" since I find that crochet projects are so much easier to set down than knitting. I even stashed more linen since I'm enjoying it so much! These would make great gifts.

I started a One Skein Wonder yesterday. As many have noted it's a really quick knit. I'm on row 14 of 22 for the main part of the knitting. I'm not so sure that the Noro Silk garden is the best yarn since it's a bit on the chunkier side of worsted. I love the striping, but am a bit unsure of the colors. Oh well.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

While out of town, I looked for any possible LYS, but I only found a quilt shop that carried these awesome safety pin covers.

I've finished the bag for the Bridal shower (closure, lining and all), although it wasn't as well received as I'd hoped. Oh well. I've also finished a second bag for a friend's birthday celebration tomorrow. Sorry no pictures.

Last week I finished making my stitch markers for Stitchmarker Mania, and will have them sent out to the recipients by the end of this week.

Edited to add:
WW progress:
Weigh in results: -1.8 current/-20.4 goal

Daily Walks:
Tuesday: 30 min. med
Wednesday: 30 min. med
Friday: 30 min. med
Monday: 30 min. med

3 Comments:

Blogger Pumpkinmama said...

The shrug looks lovely, and I personally love the silk garden OSW - its the same colorway as my Klaralund. I think we have a color karma going on, with that and our Rogues....

7/26/2005 4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your lace shrug looks fabulous! I like the white. OSW is hot...I need to knit one!

7/27/2005 6:16 AM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Wow, I Do is absolutely gorgeous. I love it! I'm intrigued by safety pin covers. Never seen those before.

7/29/2005 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home