Cj's Knitting Basket

A blog for my knitting progress and other life events.

Name:
Location: Silicon Valley, California, United States

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Parking in the green zone

Working on the i-cord border wasn't as bad I as thought it would be. My row guage is off, but I'm really proud of the the throat area.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

WishBone looked so cute as I did this to Rogue Thursday night.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Last night we went to dinner at Buca di Beppo to celebrate a friend's 33 1/3 birthday. Outside the restaurant I saw this sign:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

While walking around to work off the meal, we stopped at Restoration Hardware right before they closed. I saw this on sale (20% off, but it ended up costing me only ~$23), and I thought it would make the perfect footstool/seat and knitting basket at home or on the go. It could also work as a knitting container while at the park, beach, etc. It's really sturdy and I love it! I've already transferred my tools and WIPs into it this morning.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Anyone else have this debate?

DH: So what color is it?
Me: Kiwi. It comes in two colors.
DH: Really? I only saw the green one.
Me: The other one was Topaz.
DH: What the hell is Topaz?
Me: It's like an orangey-brown.
DH: So they had two colors. Green and orange.
Me: No, Kiwi and Topaz.

Our friend swears that you can tell who's male and female purely on how they describe colors. His fiance had picked up some paint color cards and he started quizing us. He was amazed at our answers. There was Silver Sage, Silver Birch, Muddy Mint, Creamy Cilantro*. We had gotten the descriptors-silver, muddy, creamy-correct. To him, it was all green.

*I don't remember the exact colors, but I do remember the descriptors distinctly.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The DH and I have had similar conversations.

DH-So what color do you want to paint the living room and the kitchen?

La-Flan and champagne

DH-huh?

La-a caramelly golden beige, and a grey-beige

DH- so you want to paint the living room AND the kitchen brown?

La-hhhhhhhhhh

5/14/2005 10:48 AM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Rogue is looking fabulous! Cannot wait to see more. Did you find a zipper? It looks like there might already be one stitched in, but it's hard to tell from the picture.

5/14/2005 10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your Rogue when it is finished. It looks great! I LOVE this sweater! The only thing I regret is not doing the pockets. Oh well...next time. ;-)

Your knitting/storage/chair is very cool!

5/18/2005 6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishbone is so cute! And I love the Restoration Hardware find!

5/25/2005 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home