Look out! It's the invasion of the pod people.

Why yes, my DH spoils me. I didn't think I'd ever want to own one, but the darn Apple marketing strategy worked its magic on me. I really do think the iPod is an invasion into the daily lifestyle of many people. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. I was debating between purchasing the silver or pink one, but I think sticking to the neutral color was wise. I can always dress it up with some protective socks, but ones I made myself of course. =)
I already own a Creative Nomad IIc (64 Mb), but will be giving that to the SIL because the one we'd given her died a few months ago. I *really* didn't need another gadget. I'm a sucker for the mini iPod's sleek packaging and high capacity! I've filled it up about halfway, and it's overwhelming to have so much music at my fingertips.
Traffic was horrible on the way to pick up the SIL at UCB, but it was funny when we saw the Putzmeister during the drive. It's an affectionate joke between the DH and the SIL.
The softball tournament was cancelled (a sign from God to the DH), so DH and I shopped.

I took a closer look at the yardage required for Soleil and I do and it seems that I may have underestimated the amount of yarn I'll need. So I ordered Endless Summer Collection Sonata in Mauve for "Soleil" and Jo Sharp Soho Summer in Jet White for "I do" from Elann, as well as a few other goodies. I received the package while out of town this weekend.
I got Erdal mohair from a shop that also sells yarn. They sell mainly novelty yarn for scarves, but it still nice to check it out. I also stopped by another shop that sells yarn but didn't buy anything there. The Wool-ease and novelty came from J's.
I'm also going to be transplanting some seedlings this weekend if the weather is nice, so I bought some gardening tools.

Using my mighty

Don't fear, Rogue wasn't neglected. In fact, I'm almost finished with the sleeves. I highly doubt I'll be done by the weekend.

DH bought more gaming stuff, and I snapped this picture in one of those shops.

It was a pretty decent weekend, all things considering. DH got the stitches removed last night and it's really left a nasty scar that I'm not happy with. My co-worker has this theory that the collective IQ of men goes down when they're participating in any sort of team sport.









4 Comments:
Does the purchase of the ipod come along with forgiveness for playing a stupid sport? ;-)
Welcome to Podsville! I'm relieved that your boy didn't play ball yesterday. I was imagining him getting even more beat up. Rogue looks great!
Look at all those goodies! I just got a Shuffle and I looooooove it. Also love the look of your Clapotis so far -- great yarn.
It was a pleasure to knit up the clapotis with the bamboo yarn... I kind of miss it now! But yours looks great! You're also using SW Trading CO yarn, no? Hope DH heals quickly and that he stays away from softball for awhile. (but that might cut into your knitting time!!)
Post a Comment
<< Home