Prize time!

The scented sachet went into the stash to ward off any moths. The Outback Mohair from Plymouth yarn is so fuzzy! I'm thinking of making a small Kiri or Branching Out. The stitch markers are so cute and I love the little pouch they came in.
I still haven't finished the chair pad covers since I ran out of upholstery thread. Rogue is still coming along nicely though. Unfortunately, the body of Rogue is about 1- 1.5" too long for me and the hem sits low on my hips(1). I should have been more attentive to the length and removed one or two of the rope repeats along the side. I was a little confused when I started the throat chart. Fortunately, the screw-ups were nothing that a few dropped stitches and a crochet hook couldn't fix. I hope that the Cascade 220 cooperates when I try to block it into shape.

I decided to start the sleeves before picking up stitches along the neck and continuing the hood.

My goal is to have Rogue finished by the end of the month. We shall see if I accomplish it. I used the 3-needle bind-off on the shoulder seams for the first time.
I'm almost to the point of starting the heel on the Opal socks. Instead of using Yarn overs for short row heels, I'm thinking of wrapping the stitches. Progress on the Bonkers socks is slow, but sure.

Baby hat #3 is done. Yay! Only two more to go.
I'm already dreaming of starting my next garment.
I've bought knitting
What an awful thing to happen to her friends. I can't imagine how betrayed they must be feeling right now. I hope things turn around for them.
Froggy: My brother is definitely the better photographer of the family. I just have a camera (graciously "borrowed" from him) with a fair macro setting. ;-)
Karma: The blue shaded Bamboo is for Soleil and the beige shaded Bamboo is for I do. I'm thinking about starting it when Rogue gets blocking.
Nancy: Thanks for the candle! It smells divine. I'll be saving it for the fall season.
Chelsea: Thanks for your generosity! The mohair yarn is a first for me.
Notes:
(1) I'm only 5' 2" and most sweatshirts hang low on me. The Rogue shaping is not as forgiving as a sweatshirt, unfortunately.
I started this post last week sometime, and never got back to it until tonight.









1 Comments:
Hi CJ! You sure have a lot of projects going at once; how fun! You'll never be bored at this rate, eh? I've been using my library system a lot more lately, too. If you'd like, feel free to read my book review of The Twentieth Wife. Before I started knitting, I was a voracious reader and used to write book reviews for Mostly Fiction. In the past year, my reading has really slowed down and I'm trying to pick up the speed again. I read Feast of Roses as well and was fortunate enough to meet Indu Sundaresan when these books were published. She's very interesting and talented. Sorry to hog your comments!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home