I've prescribed myself to therapy.

At B&N on Tuesday, I splurged and bought knitting
On Thursday, I bought some stitch holders and point protectors. I thought there would be a knitting (meet-up) group, but it was fairly empty and not a single person knitting, so I left and joined DH for dinner with his softball buddies.
On Friday, I went to a LYS that I hadn't been to in over a year and had a lovely time knitting there in comfort. It was solace for a few hours. I think I'll be there after work this Friday.
I've now officially exceeded my self-imposed stash limit. This was before the swapped yarn arrived.

The green yarn is on it's way to becoming Rogue. The dark charcoal was too depressing to look at with the mood I'd been in lately. This green has lovely flecks of yellow, blue, and red upon closer inspection. I just love it!

I've shaped the heels on the Bonkers socks, and there are holes, but I'll learn to do better the next time.

Yesterday, I bought two new bags (much to DH's dismay once again). They're exactly like the other one I had bought the previous Friday, but one's a cheerful pink and the other is black with butterflies. What pushed me over the edge is that they were both 1/2 the price. So I have 3 new bags for under $33. What a bargain!
Pet news:
Meet the little fuzzball WhizBang(1). We've had him for over a year now. Unfortunately, our friends told us WhizBang's mom passed away over the weekend. She'd been ill for a few months, so we knew it was coming.

WW progress: Why yes, I've been baa-d (is cute n'est-ce pas(2)?). I've had peeps, dim sum, and custard buns and I've paid for it on the scale(3).
It must be spring. I don't remember the last time I saw a butterfly. This was just hanging around my mom's front door.

Dianna: The stitch markers you made are gorgeous. I love them. Great job! =)
Steph: I got the yarn on Saturday and I hope you like the markers that I made for you.
Nancy: You've answered correctly where we went to dinner on Good Friday. Send me your snail mail addy and the markers will be in the post shortly.
Notes:
(1) He's a Dwarf Hamster.
(2) I haven't practiced in *years* so pardon my French. ;-)
(3) Weigh in results: -5.6 current/-20.4 goal
Quiz Time:

Which flock do you follow?
this quiz was made by alanna









1 Comments:
What a great start on your Rogue. It looks really nice. Maybe you could take a close up so we can see the tweediness in the yarn.
I just finished the cardi version also. I'm just trying to find a zipper. Check it out on my blog if you would like! :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home