Haiku for you
quick to knit and fun to make
little pink sweater
A poet I am not.
A knitting geek I am.
-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version:1.1
KECLR Exp+ SPM+@ Steel Wood Bam Pl+++ Cas? AddiT? Den++ Boye Syn+ Nov@ Cot@ Wool@ Lux? Hemp? Stash@ Scale+ Fin Ent? FI? Int? Tex+ Lace? Felt? Flat Circ++ DPN+ ML++ Swatch+ KIP Blog SNB@ EZ FO(empty)@ WIP+@ Gauge@ L F S DK+ W+ B ALT@ Cr+ Q@ X+@ Em-- Sw Wv? Sp
------END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK------

I bought a different yarn for Haiku last Thursday and finished it yesterday. Haiku is a fast knit and the sideways garter stitch is a great texture. I used a worsted weight acrylic loosely knit on size 8 Denise needles. The seaming isn't the greatest since I did it by hand, but it'll do. The original cream and fuzzy pink stripes were a horrible combination. It was so fugly, that I didn't bother taking pictures of it. I don't know what I was thinking.
To celebrate finishing Haiku, I cast-on for another pair of socks using some of the Opal yarn I bought at SW '05. I tried to get the stripes to match, but it didn't work. Oh well. It's amazing how much difference there is between size 2 and size 1 needles. The Bonkers yarn is sportweight, and the Opal yarn I believe is fingering weight. It's quite an experience to knit such thin yarn. For the Opal socks, I cast on 16 stitches (8 stitches each side) using Wendy's Easy Toe technique. It's still pointier than I'd like, but it's great how I can just keep increasing until it's the circumference that'll fit my foot. I think for the next pair, I'll try casting on more stitches for the toe.
The Bonkers socks are almost to the arch of my foot.

Why do I have two pairs of socks going at the same time? One for home, and one to go of course! On Friday, I snagged the Bonkers yarn in the zipper of my little black bag. I was not happy. After a very disappointing dinner at a seafood buffet(1), I bought an *el cheapo* faux leather bag on sale. It was marked down from ~$32 and after taxes it ended up costing only ~$16.50! Why carry a separate bag around just for the socks? I've been on the lookout for a bag just like it for a few months now. The central compartment is securely zippered to keep my wallet, camera, and other sundries. The two side compartments are open and very roomy. I'm loving the fact that I'll have a pair of socks to knit in my bag at all times.
WishBone was de-fuzzed, and as usual he hates his new look. He gets really depressed after being groomed. He refused to eat (much), but he got over it last night.

I frogged the third baby hat and ribbed it instead. All that knitting in the round was getting quite boring.
I hope everyone had a good Easter. Nancy posted an Easter greeting yesterday that I just adore!
Quiz time:

you are the "you're so dumb" happy bunny.
you are brutal in your words and enjoy putting
others down.
which happy bunny are you?
brought to you by Quizilla
Notes:
(1) The first person to correctly identify (in my comments) where we went to dinner, will get 4 stitch markers. We were anticipating a great meal, since we'd fasted the entire day for Good Friday. Unfortunately the quality has gone WAY, way down from when they first opened.









0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home