My glass was half full.
I must have been really tense when working on the sleeves and fairly relaxed for the back, fronts, and yoke. The sleeves are quite snug, but the body is fairly comfortable otherwise. Who wouldn't be tense with all that cabling? I won't be layering anything bulky under this Mariah. I'm so in love with this pattern and am already planning to make another one in a different color to take as a light jacket on our vacation.
At J's I found a 22" zipper for Mariah (which I will install with my much neglected of-late sewing machine). I also stashed some pink yarn intended to be one cute Haiku for a Baptism gift. I'm planning on making Sonnet with acrylic yarn from one of my favorite sweaters. I was in a meeting yesterday and tugged the elastic in the cuff of my sweater. I realized it was constructed in such a way that the yarn could be recycled. I love the color and texture but it's always been too large for me. It was a gift and I'd like to breathe new life into it. I need a break from cables, so no Rogue for me yet. Haiku and Sonnet look like they'll hit the spot in the meantime.
The Boye aluminum and the (Webs?) bamboo interchangeable needle sets are on my wishlist. There's something about having (nearly) complete sets of needles in different materials that appeals to me. I've been zipping along on the second baby hat using my aluminum Boye dpns and the stitches seem to move along faster than knitting with my Denises.
In my recent wanderings around blogland, I found futureme.org from etc. where you can write yourself an email that you'll receive in the future. I'm thinking about writing myself a "30 things to do before age 30" list and sending it to myself on my birthday.
If you want to take a rudimentary Myers-Briggs test yourself, check out this. I'm thinking about going to learn how to spin and found some good resources at fuzzy galore. I've been admitted to the Knitting Blogs webring (woo-hoo!), and finally registered for the Knitter's Review Forum and the Knitty Coffeeshop. I've been a lurker long enough.
Congrats to Steph for being my first participant for the stitch marker swap. So far I have two (potential) swaps lined up. How fun!
Oh, and Happy St. Patrick's Day! Weigh in results: -7.0 current/-20.4 goal. I won't have a meeting next week, but I hope I can keep being a "loser."
Sorry for the lack of pretty pictures, but I couldn't find my memory stick adapter at the time of this post.









1 Comments:
Yikes! I'm almost to the top of my yoke, so I'm fascinated by your Mariah tribulations. I'm crossing my fingers that I don't have hump issues or sizing problems as I transition to the hood ...
Post a Comment
<< Home