FO! Baby hat, LH musings, and another Mariah fix.
So I finished one baby hat. It's really small, but it'll fit (I hope). The top resembles a flower. I'm making the next one a little larger in circumference.

Thursday, I was in dire need of some retail therapy and bought these yummy beads.

Yesterday, I noticed our aquarium was super warm (90 degrees!) and our guppy had died. Shortly after my discovery, the golden algae eater died too. I'm a little sad, since I like the golden algae eater quite a bit. We think the heater malfunctioned in combination with the really warm weather(1) we'd had recently.
LH musings
There's been an awesome editorial posted by Mary Berghammer on the gnittink-for-lefties email list. Please check it out if you're interested in hearing more about lefty knitters and the challenges they often face. I was going to post it here (along with a response), but
If you're ever in the SF bay area, you have to check out this place that serves awesome falafel. We had the falafel sandwiches and baba ganuch last night.

Another Mariah fix
After some pondering, I *fixed* the gap and "found" the missing stitches by treating the gap like a dropped stitch. Let me know what you think.

I'm also changing the shoulder shaping slightly to have Mariah custom fit my shoulders. My stitch count is off, since I'm making it up as I go along, but I think it'll turn out fine. Wish me luck!(2)
Notes:
(1) Thursday evening at 6:30pm it was 73 degrees. Yesterday, it hit 92 degrees with few clouds in sight.
(2) Donna-Yes I'm planning on making the hood. Dianna-I'm knitting Mariah "backwards", and I agree that my decreases are kinda funny looking, but they add a unique design element ;-). I think it's because I do S1 K1 PSSO for K2Tog and vice versa.









1 Comments:
I forgot you were knitting left handed. What you have now looks great! It's very neat compared to the wide stripes I have.
Must be nice to have nice weather- we got a couple of inches of snow last night in Toronto!
Post a Comment
<< Home