Cj's Knitting Basket

A blog for my knitting progress and other life events.

Name:
Location: Silicon Valley, California, United States

Monday, March 07, 2005

Dofu for me, dofu for you...

I love Dofu (gelatin)! We bought this over the weekend. I had a chance to make some tonight. The house smells like Mango, yum! I wish you could smell this...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
We also went to the grocery store after a Costco run tonight and I found these.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I thought tiny gummi bears only existed at ice cream parlours. Gummi candy is tied with chocolate as my favorite sweet to enjoy. I've had chocolate covered gummi bears and I'm in heaven when I treat myself to them.

Finding those bears was coincidental, since Nancy had this post and link to the Snack Food Chinese Zodiac which I found cute.

I am Gummi: "Resilient" and "colorful" are the two words that best describe you. You seem simple, but your true nature is a profound mystery. Break free of your tendency to stick close to others like you--strike out on your own more. Your ideal job: Genetic counselor. Marry a Donut or Twinkie, but never Bubblegum.

DH is a Fried Fruit Pie: Some may accuse you of being flaky, but they are merely jealous of your sweet nature. You don't have just one tender side--you are tender all over. Avoid high-stress jobs, as you are apt to crumble under pressure. Your ideal job: Graphic Blandisher. Marry Bridge Mix or Cola, but never a Cheese Puff.

There were some questions over at the Mariah-along list about adding cables to the hood. I found Emily had continued in the sleeve pattern, and that Leah added a twisted cable similar to the ribbing along the edge of the hood.

I'm planning on adding the braided cable pattern found on the Coronet Hat. I'll add my version after I'm done with these yoking decreases, which should be by the end of the week.

Oh, and Dianna had made some cute stitch markers! I love the pearly one with opalescent beads.

2 Comments:

Blogger loulou said...

CJ- just give me your snail mail, and I'll package some up for you! You are my stitch marker guru!
Dianna
dicochrane@sympatico.ca

3/08/2005 1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CJ - your Mariah is looking great. Can't wait to see it finished! Will you be doing the hood?

3/10/2005 4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home