Cj's Knitting Basket

A blog for my knitting progress and other life events.

Name:
Location: Silicon Valley, California, United States

Thursday, August 03, 2006

:( Sad pet news...

The Vet visit didn't go well. After a preliminary look at the cells she extracted from the mass on Bear's chin, she's 90% sure it's a malignant tumor. The Vet suspects it's a form that affects both young and old, so age was not a factor. It just hit me like a bus when she told us the news.

We'll know more from the blood test results tomorrow if the cancer's spread to the blood yet. She's going to contact a surgeon and see what they think the next steps should be. More likely than not, Bear will need to have the tumor removed, and depending on what stage the cancer is, undergo chemo. I can hardly breathe for the sadness I'm feeling right now. He's acting normal and as I type this up, both he and Wishbone are having a great time, brawling as dogs tend to do. Again, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. This year just has not been our year.

10 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

OH NO! I will keep Bear and his beautiful family in my prayers. Keep us updated with what you find out.

8/03/2006 9:28 PM  
Blogger Emy said...

Oh honey, I'm so sorry. :( Keep us posted about what's going on. *hugs*

8/03/2006 10:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so sorry! I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Our pets are so important to us.

8/03/2006 11:37 PM  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Definitely will be keeping you all in my thoughts. {{{{hugs}}}}

8/04/2006 3:29 AM  
Blogger jillian said...

Oh my goodness - I'm so sorry this is happening to you. You are all in my thoughts, and fingers crossed for a sure and swift recovery.

8/04/2006 7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry! I will keep you guys in my thoughts.

8/04/2006 8:00 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I'm so sorry to hear the news. It's really great to hear that Bear and Wishbone are still playing normally, and Bear's spirits are up! I'll be thinking of you and your hounds.

8/04/2006 9:22 AM  
Blogger Sandee said...

ohhh! Bummer! I will keep you both in my thoughts!!!

Keep the faith, I had a friend who's dog had cancer of the jaw...they performed surgery and I think he went through chemo as well. He has part of his jaw missing, but he's happy and healthy and is living life large!

8/04/2006 9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh CJ, I'm so sorry. Will keep you and Bear in my prayers.

8/04/2006 10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, CJ, i'm so sorry to hear this about Bear. the three of you are in my thoughts.
-favorite color secret pal

8/04/2006 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home