...which means that the cancer has not entered Bear's bloodstream (no bone marrow involvement is good news). Monday, we take him in to have chest x-rays done and go ahead and schedule the surgery for Friday. We won't be able to afford Radiation/Chemo (which may or may not be needed depending on the stage the tumor is in), because the pet insurance only covers so much of the costs, but we want him to have a good chance to survive this as well. We found out it's a Mast Cell Tumor. I found this
link to be helpful in understanding what's going on with our dog. He's definitely a fighter, as we discovered last year.
Anyhow, I'm stressed and as a result have been knitting up a storm. I'll download the pictures when I have a chance.
3 Comments:
I'll keep you and Bear in my thoughts.
i can't even imagine how worried you are... crossing my fingers, and my furbabies cross their little furry toes for Bear!
I'm so happy to hear that it's not in his bloodstream/bone marrow! Big hugs for Bear!
Post a Comment
<< Home