Cj's Knitting Basket

A blog for my knitting progress and other life events.

Name:
Location: Silicon Valley, California, United States

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

One of these things is not like the other...

One of these things just doesn't belong....



(only 7 more treatments)

Yup, 4 oz of "Beefcake" BFL from Spunky Eclectic is done. It is 2 ply. The singles were done on my drop spindle then plied on a wheel. I'm finding that I like my singles better on a drop spindle and that plying on a wheel is more pleasurable than with a spindle.

I've started in on some blue wool blend acquired from a destash sale. I think there's a small bit of mohair blended in as well.


There was some serious stash enhancement for the Grand Opening of Purlescence Yarns.

From left to right (I believe): Rose Quartz, Mica, Star Sapphire, Love-in-Idleness, Puck's Mischief, Highway 30, Nodding Violet. I'm all set for a sock yarn famine now! ;)

Opening day started with the ribbon cutting.


Isn't their sign cute?


How much is all that yarn in the window?


Check out the mob of knitters surrounding the wall of Socks that Rock!


I wish Chloe, Nathania, and Sandi success in their endeavor!

I went to bed last night at 9pm, and will probably head to bed early again tonight. I'm just not feeling very well. Sounds like a couple people at work have called in sick lately too... I think it's time for some soothing chamomile tea before bedtime.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jillio said...

i think there's only one skein of yarntini sport weight in the luxury colorway left at pureknits, so hopefully you snatch that up :)

10/24/2006 11:17 AM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

nodding violet nodding violet nodding violet!! i need some!!! the fold didn't have that colorway at Rhinebeck... or i would've grabbed it. what a great stash enhancement!

10/24/2006 3:05 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

One is white and the other two are brownish? hee hee hee!

Lookit all that yarn! Jealous!

10/25/2006 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home