Socktoberfest


It was a case of "You snooze; You lose." I hadn't even had a chance to cast-on yet! That's what I get for not having a suitable DK weight yarn for socks in my stash. At least Cass has some luscious yarn to work with. ;-) The DH still chuckles at my gasp of shock when I opened the package. I didn't know assasination games could be so cut-throat! But, it is still entertaining to read about over at the Sock Wars forums.
Jaywalkers


Started: 9/8/06
Finished: 9/29/06
Yarn: Lion Brand Magic Stripes
Color: Purple Pattern
Amount Used: 1 ball
Needles: US1 Crystal Palace Bamboo
Pattern: Jaywalkers
Notes: I ran out of yarn, so the toes are all wonky since I had to graft early and there were more stitches left than normally when I graft. This is the second time that I've felt a yarn shortage with Magic Stripes. Thankfully I only have one more ball of the stuff.
The River Rapids socks now have heels.

Here's the completed yarn from the Lambtown puffs. It's about a laceweight and enough for a small shawl or lacy scarf.

Some of it's still kinky, even after washing and setting the twist. Oh well, I still treasure it!
I've been spinning up some Spunky BFL goodness in Beefcake. It's ending up as lace weight again.

My KTS2 package is ready for the post office. I'll probably be sending it out this weekend.

My KTS2 pal sent me a Tea-ser package. Just look at all the goodies. Yummy Tazo Chai, cute biscuits for the dogs, and patterns for teapot cozies. Thank you so much KTS2 pal!

Icarus is still on time-out, but I've made significant Feather & Fan shawl progress.


I've been playing with a Shrinky Dink oven I acquired while garage sale scavenging with Christina a few weeks ago.

Also, Punch Needle Embroidery has caught my interest.


I've been taking a spinning class and it's quite fun! Part of our homework was to process a small amount of raw fleece.


I've washed and hand-carded the wool. Whew! That was a lot of work.

Our latest homework was to practice treadling on the loaner wheel. In my case, it's an Ashford Joy, single treadle.

The next class session will probably have us spinning on the wheel. I'm so excited!
I won a prize from a blog contest held over at the Silver Fork Saga. Thank you so much Leslie. The pouch is the perfect size to carry around a bit of roving for the spindle, and the stitch markers are gorgeous.

Until next time...









5 Comments:
Ouch, sorry you bought it so fast in Sock Wars! I'm merely a bystander but ... uh ... am sickly enjoying the "carnage".
Glad you got my TEAser gift (that never gets old, hi, yes, I'm twelve sometimes). I'm putting the last bit of your full-fledged gift together today and tomorrow, and should mail it out Thursday!! Eee hee hee!
- Your KTS pal (-:
Sorry to hear of your early demise in Sock Wars, but isn't it awesome to get handknit socks!
I was hoping for an update on Bear. How are your little guys?
oh my, this sure is one condensed post! i don't know where to begin! but wow, you got some great stuff and you're doing a lot of fun things. :) the shrinky dink things are cool! it took me a long time to realize that kiki and lala were brother and sister. i'm trying very much not to get into punch embroidery...for now. spinning sure is fun, isn't it?
hope things are well for you and your fur babies are happy and healthy. take care, CJ!
Wow! You've really taken off in the spinning department. Great work! Sorry about the sock wars thing though. You at least have some great socks to show for it. :)
Jessica
http://zarzuelaknitsandcrochets.com/blog
I'm glad you enjoyed the package. Thanks for entering my contest. I've gotta ask about the clear shoes in your previous post. I've been looking for some to show off my handknit socks and I can only find kid sizes. What brand are they? I'd love to do some internet digging to find those!
Post a Comment
<< Home