Cj's Knitting Basket

A blog for my knitting progress and other life events.

Name:
Location: Silicon Valley, California, United States

Thursday, February 10, 2005

My New Blog Home

Just wanted to move it to this place, to make my life easier. Might as well take advantage of what's out here already and I've already uploaded my previous two posts.


Last night I went by my local chain craft store ("J's") to use my 40% coupon before it expired. The girl (couldn't have been older than 19) at the register seemed a little out of it as she helped the woman ahead of me. I was the only one in line at that point. When it was my turn, I put my coupon down on the counter, then the single skein of yarn I'd selected right next to it. She scanned in the yarn and told me the total. I pointed out to her that she'd neglected to scan in my coupon. She had to redo the transaction. I gave her my money, and expected 10 cents back in change. She'd forgotten to give it to me, and for the life of her couldn't figure out how to open the cash drawer again. By this point, there were 8 people in line behind me. That's how slow she was. I told her to forget it. I mentioned the encounter to DH and described how she looked/reacted, he said that the girl was probably stoned.


Tomorrow and Saturday should prove exciting, since I'll be going to my first Stitches West and going to a Dinner-along for knitbloggers attending SW05. I can't wait to meet everyone. Stay tuned for pictures...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home